The Boston Chapter of NFBPA along with the other Chapters of NFBPA adopted public service and “The Covenant with Black America”, as the theme of its local chapter activities in the year 2010. Our Local Mission will be realized through pursuit of the following goals:
- To serve as an organization for linking public, private, non-profit and academic institutions into an effective network and promoting partnerships to support communications, information sharing, management innovation and professional development among minorities in public service.
- To identify and groom younger emerging minority managers and professionals and provide relevant exposure to the challenges and rewards of public service careers.
- To promote, strengthen and expand the roles of minorities in all aspects of public service and administration.
- To promote, strengthen and expand greater access to educational and mentoring opportunities for minority young adults in the Greater Boston Area.
- To promote greater education and increased access to health information and quality health care within the minority communities of the Greater Boston Area.
- To engage and increase our local Boston Chapter membership through programs and networking activities.